Upcoming Short-term Mission Projects
Maybe you have been praying about serving on a short-term mission project with The Chapel this year, but you do not know what that entails. The key steps in the process are:
- Please pray about your involvement. Is this the time and place for you to serve?
- Apply by the deadline. Application forms are at the Missions kiosk in the foyer or find a pdf below.
- Your application will be evaluated by the Short-term Missions team. Your references will be checked and the various team lists will be drawn up.
- If you do not have a passport that is valid, you will need to obtain or renew one. Passports are only required for international projects.
- You will attend a series of 4-6 team preparation meetings during ABF hour. These include scripture study, prayer, team building and practical preparation -- and are critical to successful projects.
- Participants are expected to raise prayer and financial support from friends or family outside The Chapel. The sources of funding for projects are: personal contributions, support from friends and family, and support from the Chapel via a special congregational offering.
- Participate joyfully and flexibly in the project work. There are always surprises but our goal is to adapt in order to serve others in a way that is pleasing to God.
- Ask questions! You can contact Jeff Templeton at 269-930-0220 or email@example.com.
UPCOMING SHORT-TERM PROJECT:
Download the Application (Word Doc)
Download the Application (PDF)
Word of Life Hungary Camp
Application deadline: January 14
We plan to send people to serve at Word of Life evangelistic summer camps during 2018. Six to eight people are needed to teach English lessons or coach basketball or volleyball. Participants must be 18 or older, or 16-17 years old if serving with parent(s).
If you are interested in serving in either of these ways please contact Jeff Templeton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-930-0220 as soon as possible so we can assess our ability to support these ministries.