Upcoming Short-term Mission Projects
Maybe you have been praying about serving on a short-term mission project with The Chapel this year, but you do not know what that entails. The key steps in the process are:
- Please pray about your involvement. Is this the time and place for you to serve?
- Apply by the deadline. Application forms are at the Missions kiosk in the foyer or find a pdf below.
- Your application will be evaluated by the Short-term Missions team. Your references will be checked and the various team lists will be drawn up.
- If you do not have a passport that is valid, you will need to obtain or renew one. Passports are only required for international projects.
- You will attend a series of 4-6 team preparation meetings during ABF hour. These include scripture study, prayer, team building and practical preparation -- and are critical to successful projects.
- Participants are expected to raise prayer and financial support from friends or family outside The Chapel. The sources of funding for projects are: personal contributions, support from friends and family, and support from the Chapel via a special congregational offering.
- Participate joyfully and flexibly in the project work. There are always surprises but our goal is to adapt in order to serve others in a way that is pleasing to God.
- Ask questions! You can contact Jeff Templeton at 269-930-0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPCOMING SHORT-TERM PROJECT:
Download the Application (Word doc)
Download the Application (pdf)
Word of Life Hungary Dorm Renovations
October 12-21, 2018 (approx.)
Application deadline: June 3
Word of Life Hungary (WOLH) runs a Bible Institute which attracts students from about 17 different countries and operates evangelistic summer camps that see many Hungarian youth place their faith in Jesus Christ each year. We plan to send 4-6 people to perform light carpentry, painting and other repair and renovation work on WOLH’s aging dormitories.
If you are interested in serving in either of these ways please contact Jeff Templeton at email@example.com or 269-930-0220 as soon as possible so we can assess our ability to support these ministries.