Who May Need a Stephen Minister?
People who are dealing with:
LonelinessLoss of a loved one
Loss of a job
Separation and divorce
Families of the chronically ill
Struggling with faith in God
Facing changes in their lives
Family frustrations and challenges
How to Refer Someone for a Stephen Minister:
- A person—either you, a relative, or a friend—is hurting and in need of Christian care.
- The Stephen Ministry Referrals Coordinator learns about this need for care from a pastor, a friend, or from the person in need of care and only after the person in need has granted permission.
- The Referrals Coordinator meets with the person to talk about Stephen Ministry.
- With the person’s permission, the Referrals Coordinator assigns a Stephen Minister to meet on a weekly basis with that person.
- The Stephen Minister provides distinctively Christian and strictly confidential care.
If you or someone you know could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister, please pick up a Stephen Ministry brochure at the church, fill out the card on the back and return it to the church office. Or download the referral application here. Or call our Stephen Minister leaders: Butch Bush for men (269-757-3566 or email@example.com) or Darla Pagel for women (269-930-2239 or firstname.lastname@example.org).